Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms (Keto, Low Carb, Paleo & Vegan)
Portobello mushrooms are known as natural cancer-fighters and immune booster. Portobello mushrooms are very low in calories and a great meat substitute. They are also a good source of phytochemicals and conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) that have anti-cancer and anti-aging properties.
Portobello Mushroom Benefits
- May help lowering cancer risk
- Contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties
- Great source of B Vitamins, copper and selenium
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 8 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup cheese (use Almond cheese if Vegan)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- ¼ cup chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Remove the stems from mushrooms and slice them into small pieces.
- Place all the ingredients except olive oil in a medium-size bowl and toss to combine.
- Spread the olive oil on inside and outside each mushroom.
- Fill the mushrooms with mixed ingredients.
- Bake them for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked and the cheese is melt.
- Serve with salad.