How To Make The Crispiest Pan Fried Salmon Salad (Keto, Low Carb)
Looking for a Keto pan fried salmon recipe?
Pan fried salmon with cucumber salad is an easy pan fried salmon recipe. It's crispy and perfect to serve as a fine dining dish.
The best of all, it is quick, easy and perfect for the day if you don't feel like cooking a big meal!
How to Pan Fry Salmon?
How to Pan Fry Salmon Without Skin?
- Heat the frying pan. Add butter or olive oil.
- Place skinless salmon fillets on the frying pan and cook it for 3 minutes or until the bottom is just slightly browned and crispy.
What side of salmon do you sear first?
Start with the skin-side down.
Sliding a spatula under the skin of the salmon is much easier than sliding under the salmon flesh.
How do you make crispy salmon?
- Keep the skin on as it protects salmon from over-cooking.
- Cook salmon skin-side down in the pan for 90% of the cooking time.
- Press salmon into the pan with a spatula for maximum crispness.
How do know if salmon is cooked?
As it cooks, salmon will change from red or raw to pink.
After 6-8 minutes of cooking on both sides, take a sharp knife to poke into the thickest part.
If the meat starts flaking but still has a bit of translucency in the middle, it's done! It shouldn't look raw, though.
Pan-fried Salmon Salad
Serve 4 Preparation time 15 mins Cooking time 15 mins
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnut, halves
- 150g mixed salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- To make a creamy sauce, place yogurt, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon juice into a small food processor or a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine cucumber, salad, and walnuts in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Transfer to serving plates.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil or coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook salmon fillets for 3 minutes on each side or until crispy.
- Add salmon to the plates.
- Spoon the creamy sauce on top.
- Serve with lemon slices and drizzle some olive oil.
What to Serve with Pan-fried Salmon?
You can serve pan-fried salmon with asparagus, lemon butter, lemon dill, salad, potato, butter cream, butter sauce, dill butter, and white wine.
Looking for more pan-fried salmon recipes?
Try Pan-fried Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce or Honey Garlic Salmon
If you don't like pan frying, you can try grilled salmon.
Like this recipe? Subscribe to our newsletter to get more recipes like this.
What is your favourite salmon dish? Tell us in the comment below.