How To Make Your Own Natural Teeth Whitening
How To Make Your Own Natural Teeth Whitening
My dentist asked me "What Teeth Whitening product do I use?".
I replied "Something is cheap and doesn't contain bleaching chemicals".⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
After 1 week of brushing my teeth everyday with the Homemade Natural Teeth Whitening, I can see my teeth are whiter and feel cleaner. The best of all, it's cheap and non-toxic!
You can whiten your teeth at your own comfort home too!
#1. What's the best way to get white teeth?
There are a few ways of making natural teeth whitening and removing yellow teeth which contain baking soda, lemon or hydrogen peroxide.
However, using baking soda to brush your teeth everyday may damage your teeth enamel as baking soda is an active bleaching agent that works by oxidising the stains.
I find baking soda is too abrasive to use so I substituted it with activated coconut charcoal.
#2. What is activated charcoal?
Activated charcoal is not the same as what you found in charcoal bricks or burnt pieces of food.
Activated charcoal is a fine, odourless, black powder often used in emergency rooms to treat overdoses or poisonings.
Activated charcoal is an adsorb. It binds to molecules, ions, or atoms and removes these substances.
Activated charcoal has a wide range of medicinal and cosmetic uses including teeth whitening, skincare, deodorant, skin infection, poisonings, diarrhea, kidney health and intestinal gas.
I also use coconut oil, peppermint oil and tea tree oil as studies showed that they have antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties which kill bacteria, viruses and fight germs.
Coconut oil contains the fatty acids caprylic and lauric acid which has antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties.
Peppermint oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties which reduces the growth of numerous bacteria including Helicobacter pylori, Samonella enteritidis, Escherichia coli and Straphyloccocus aureus.
Tea tree oil contains terpinen-4-ol which shows to kill bacteria, viruses, fungi and fights germs.
#3. How do you make homemade teeth whitening?
Homemade Natural Teeth Whitening
- 1 cup Activated coconut charcoal powder (Buy Food grade only)
- 10 drops Peppermint oil
- 10 drops Spearmint oil
- 10 drops Tea tree oil
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- In a glass jar, mix all the ingredients well together.
- Add extra water until you get the paste-like.
- Store in a bathroom and away from children.
- Carefully open jar over the sink.
- Put a small amount on top of a damp toothbrush.
- Brush gently for 2 minutes over the sink with your lips closed.
- Make sure to use a soft toothbrush as a hard toothbrush might damage your teeth enamel.
- If your teeth become sensitive, you probably brushed your teeth too hard or too long. Your teeth are like diamonds so brush them gently.
- With your head close to the drain, spit softly with the water running.
- Rinse your mouth, floss and rinse your mouth thoroughly again.
- If some residues left on your gum, brush your teeth with water at 45-degree angle.
- Use a tongue scraper or a toothbrush to brush your tongue and clean the residues.
- Only brush your teeth once a day with the activated charcoal paste.
- You may need between 10 - 15 minutes to brush your teeth and clean the basin so allow extra time everyday.
- Ensure to maintain your normal brushing and flossing routine along with visiting dentist twice a year to maintain healthy teeth.
- If you eat the following foods and drinks, rinsing or brushing your teeth afterward can prevent staining.
#4. How to whiten teeth instantly?
So, you have a party or a big event today and don’t have the luxury time to brush your teeth with activated coconut charcoal?
You can try the baking soda and lemon teeth whitening recipe below to whiten your teeth at home in one day.
- Mix 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a bowl. Stir it well.
- Dip a tissue into the baking soda paste and apply it on the teeth.
- Leave for extract 2 minutes - no more, no less!
- Spit it out and rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
Here you go. You can make your teeth whiter in 3 minutes.
Like this article? Allow the Show Notifications or Subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom screen to get more tips like this.
This article is intended to promote understanding of and knowledge about general oral health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your dentist or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment.